BA in Interior design
Faculty: Faculty of design and engineering
About the program: The program equips students to pursue a career in the dynamic field of interior design, which essentially functions as an expressive art form aimed at addressing human challenges within three-dimensional spaces and forms. By blending creative components like color, texture, and shape with practical aspects like spatial planning and lighting, the program fosters a comprehensive skill set.
Various specialized areas within interior design include:
- Residential Design: Graduates can specialize in creating interior designs tailored for private residences and homes, focusing on creating functional and aesthetically pleasing living spaces.
- Commercial Design: This specialization involves designing interior spaces for commercial establishments such as offices, retail stores, and other business environments.
- Hospitality Design: Graduates can focus on designing interiors for hospitality establishments like hotels, restaurants, cafes, and entertainment venues.
- Healthcare Design: This specialization involves designing interior spaces for healthcare facilities such as hospitals, clinics, and medical offices, taking into consideration both functionality and patient comfort.
The primary goal of the program is to cultivate a new generation of professionals comprising artists and designers. These individuals possess the requisite knowledge and abilities to excel within the field of interior design. This is particularly significant due to the continuous evolution of the sector, driven by the escalating demand for distinct and contemporary designs across various aspects of life. This demand is particularly pronounced from young families seeking unique living spaces. The program aims to meet this demand by training graduates who are well-equipped to create innovative and functional interior designs that cater to the diverse needs of modern society.
Type: Bachelor's program
High School branches that can be enrolled in the program: All branches
Minimum acceptance rate (high school GPA): 75%
Number of hours: 124
Duration of study: 4 years
Fields of work: Upon graduation, graduates are well-prepared to secure positions directly within architectural firms, leveraging their skills in the field of interior design. Moreover, graduates have the option to specialize in specific types of interior design to further enhance their technical expertise. Various specialized areas within interior design include residential design, commercial design, hospitality design, healthcare design.
These specialized tracks offer graduates the opportunity to refine their expertise and tailor their skills to specific sectors within interior design, catering to the unique demands and requirements of each type of space.
- Registration fees for the regular semester: 250 NIS
- Registration fee for the summer semester: 125 NIS
- Service fees for the regular semester: 140 NIS
- Service fees for the summer semester: 70 NIS
- Credit hour fee: 275 NIS
- One-time graduation fee: 110 NIS
The academic plan of the program: