Work Location: Bethlehem/ Dar al-Kalima University
Schedule:Part-time (Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 13:00 pm) Starting: 16th November, 2023
Job Title: Accountant
Dar al-Kalima University is seeking an Accountant who is reporting to the Finance Manager.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Analyze, record, and maintain accounting journals, and payment vouchers ensuring sufficient supporting documents.
- Reconciles general ledger, subsidiary accounts, and month-end reporting requirements.
- Ensure accurate and appropriate recording and analysis of revenues and expenses.
- Calculate and prepare reimbursement billings and tracks receivables; reconcile monthly accounts receivable & payable by verifying documentation and requesting disbursements.
- Establish and maintain cash controls.
- Maintain updated bank deposits, inward & outward transfers, and prepare correspondence as necessary.
- Reviews, investigates, and corrects discrepancies in financial entries & documents.
- Ensures all financial regulations & internal controls are adhered to.
- Reconcile Petty Cash transactions.
- Prepares variety of reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends as requested.
- Analyzing all project expenses and providing commentary.
- Looking after project records and contracts to ensure terms are adhered to each project’s requirements.
- Assists with the fiscal year-end and fixed asset accounting.
- Assists with the annual audit.
- Maintains the Fixed Asset Register and track.
- Maintains the computerized accounting system.
- Maintains proper financial files and records.
- Ensures that privileged and/or proprietary information is adequately safeguarded against disclosure.
- Secures financial information by completing database backups.
- Accomplishes the result by performing the duty & according to the deadlines.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Practice and adhere to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement”.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level as assigned by the Finance Manager.
Qualifications – Education, Knowledge, skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required.
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in a related field especially accounting for projects.
- Analytical skills and having logical thinking in procurement.
- Ability to work under pressure, be proactive and ability to prioritize daily duties.
- Communication – communicates clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing in Arabic and English.
- Interpersonal skills – able to work effectively with other employees and external parties.
- Experience with Bisan Financial Software is preferable.
- PC skills –proficiency in using Microsoft Office applications (esp. Excel) and others as required.
- Policies & Procedures – demonstrates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures, and systems.
- Basic skills – perform basic mathematical calculations and balance and reconcile figures.
Please submit your curriculum vita to email@example.com by November 12, 2023